Tuesday, December 15, 2015

My Experience with the Survey on Learning to Teach Social Studies

As we are reaching the conclusion of my social studies methods course, I participated in a survey to test my knowledge of social studies and how to teach it. This survey was done on Google Forms.

Overall, I felt that I did a good job on this survey. There were many questions on the main areas of social studies that we covered such as Geography, History, Economics, Civics, etc. I feel that I have gained a lot of knowledge on these areas through the projects that I created and participated in with my peers. The majority of the questions were questions that students would have to answer in their social studies regents test. In the beginning of this course, I was never confident when it came to Social Studies because I never did well on the tests and struggled with my knowledge of it. I was nervous before taking this survey. However, when I was taking the survey, I felt completely confident and could answer every question. I feel that my knowledge of social studies has really improved from this course. I was especially able to apply my knowledge when it came to questions on the concepts and skills gained from each area of social studies and how to teach these areas.

I feel confident in my knowledge of social studies. I feel this way especially after taking this course. I feel that I am ready to teach social studies and that I am able to handle each area as an expert. I recommend that the future students of this course take this survey at the end in order for them to reflect and gain confidence in their knowledge of social studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment